2.27.2014

Quick Lanyard Project


Today I thought I would share a little lanyard I made for my mom a while back. Last Mother's Day I gave my mom, grandmother, and mother-in-law a lanyard like this one. Along with the lanyard, I also made them a little pouch (that I didn't take pictures of...) and included a little charm pack and these adorable Gingher Stork Embroidery Scissors. I also have these scissors and keep them on a lanyard around my neck when I am sewing. They are perfect for cutting thread and little things as you work. They are also so pretty to look at! 


For my mom's lanyard I used Anna Maria Horner's Sinister Swarm in Vivacious print from her Field Study line. For the snap I used my Babyville Boutique Snap Pliers. I blogged more info on them in this post. I bought them to use on a baby project but have been using them a lot on non-baby projects. The snaps are such fun colors!




I can't remember my exact measurements, but I think I cut a 2"xWOF strip of fabric to begin with.

I then ironed it in half, wrong sides together, and used the crease made as a guide to fold my raw edges into the center and ironed again. The strip was now 2 layers thick and 1" wide.

The ends still had raw edges, so I folded those about an inch in before folding the whole strip in half on the original crease. The strip was now 4 layers thick and 0.5" wide.

I top stitched around the edge to keep it closed.

I then overlaid one end of the strip on top of the strip about 4" above the end, as you can see above, and added one half of a snap.

I added the other half of the snap at the bottom of the other end. This way you can loop scissors through!

The whole project took me about 30 minutes or less!

No comments:

Post a Comment