9.20.2013

Pinwheel Quilt Work in Progress


I started working on my pinwheel quilt for my friend. She's taking it to a baby shower this next Thursday so I wanted to get a lot of it done as quickly as I could! 

I started by cutting 8 5" squares of each color and getting my white charm pack out. 


I then sandwiched and sewed them right sides together. After I that I cut them in half diagonally both ways and pressed them open. 


Such cute little half square triangles!


I then started sewing them together to make the pinwheel block. Chain piecing saves so much time and thread!


You can see the little pieces coming together!


Here they are waiting for the final step. I also included a pic of them chain pieced together on strips of sashing. I'm getting close to the top being pieced!


No comments:

Post a Comment