2.17.2015

Large Swoon Baby Quilt


This is a quilt I finished for a dear friend of mine who is about to have a sweet baby boy.


I'm really proud that I was able to piece the front with fabrics from my stash. That's always a win!


I had originally thought that the front wouldn't have enough contrast but I love how it turned out.


I chose teal fabric for the backing and solid navy for the binding. I love how saturated the binding is in contrast with the rest of the quilt; it adds an extra punch of boy.


For the quilting on this I used my favorite meandering free motion quilting pattern. If you'd like information on this kind of free motion quilting, check out Elizabeth Hartman's post here. 


I followed Lynne's tutorial from Lily's Quilts. You can find her post here.  It was so clear and easy to follow. Great job Lynne!


For the packaging I kept it simple like it usually do but I had time to wrap it in craft paper before writing on it. Ha. I like it a lot more this way. I just used a sharpie to write on the front and thick twine to make a bow. I baby Drew enjoys his quilt when he arrives! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment